FPRESS.com.au gathers non-identifiable information about its audience to help deliver the most suitable editorial content and advertising for our audiences.
What, how, and why we collect
We use Google Analytics and its associated services and cookies to provide us with the following general information:
- a city/town-level estimation of your device’s location (no, we have no interest in your street address – we only want to know where we are popular);
- the number of pages viewed in a session (a session is your visit to the website, in which you might visit one or several of our stories or pages);
- other session and session frequency information (this helps us determine how often people engage with our content); and
- assumed demographics and interests (which we use to provide our communities with the best possible content and advertising).
It isn’t much, and it helps us deliver the best possible content to you while keeping the lights on and our server up.
If you wish to opt out of Google Analytics for all websites on the internet, click here for Google’s information page.
When leaving a comment on our website, we are also privy to the following non-public information:
- your email address, in case we need to contact you; and
- your IP address, to help eliminate spam comments, fake comments, dishonest comments, and abusive accounts.
We value high quality discussions on our stories, which is why we collect this minimal information.